Beyond the Board Orientation – Preparing Your Volunteers for the Long Haul
Let’s tackle those obstacles that make board work seem so challenging and time consuming! Whether you’re new to this or have been at it for decades, I’ll get you set up for success. You may be gearing up to recruit a new class of board members this year, or working through issues with your current board – don’t miss this!
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 2:00 EST/11:00 PST Register Now!
With the 6 proven steps I reveal, you will discover how to:
- Decrease board turmoil and time wasters and create leaders and learners
- Understand how your mindset may be holding you back from developing a simple and fun approach to board development
- Quickly build trust with new members so they’re excited to join in!
- Insert simple activities post-orientation to ensure volunteers stay engaged
- Motivate board members early in their term to show up and follow through
- Keep the board laser-focused on key initiatives, like raising money
- Manage the challenging board member who sucks the life out of you
Let’s face it, you don’t have time to waste on volunteers who mean well but aren’t engaged in your work. It’s time to lean in and support them differently so they can move from intention to execution and accomplish your nonprofit’s goals.
Here’s the good news – it’s doesn’t have to be so difficult! Register for this webinar and let’s work on this together.
Welcome to Create Possibility where we work with nonprofit boards and executives to remove dysfunction, build strong boards, raise more money and create practical plans so you can achieve your goals. We provide strategic solutions and structure so you can focus on what matters most. Whether it’s a leadership deficit, funding challenge, planning issue or other operational gaps and transitions, it’s time to discover the answers to the tough questions and change your results. We know how it feels to be overwhelmed or frustrated, and bombarded with competing priorities. Are you ready to advance your mission without the chaos? Let’s do this together so you can move from intention to execution!